How to Customize the Applicant Status Fields
1. Click on the Menu Icon, then from the drop-down menu select Account Details.
2. Scroll down to the Customize & Design section and click on the Workflow button.
3. Click into the Custom Status Dropdown text field box and make edits to the existing standard text by typing the phrasing you prefer and hitting Enter or Tab between each status. If you want to delete one of the current statuses, click the x in the left hand corner of that text box. For example, instead of "Under consideration" you might prefer to have "Reviewed." Just make sure you hit Enter or Tab after each status.
How to Assign a Status to an Applicant
To assign a status to an applicant, click on the select a status drop down menu and then click to select the status you want from the list.
Automatically Apply Status to Applicants
You can automatically apply a status by typing the desired status in the appropriate box.
Why Customize Applicant Status Fields
Customizing applicant status fields is just one more way you can use your account to meet your workflow needs in the easiest, most efficient way possible. Here are some ideas for getting the most out of the applicant status field.
- Use it to note which candidates you need to schedule interviews with. You can sort by applicant status by clicking on status on the applicant toolbar and either sort in ascending or descending order. That way you've got a listing of all applicants you need to take action on sorted by the type of action you want to take.
- Use it to note which applicants you have interviewed and would like to request references from by creating a "Request references" status.
- Send "Thanks but no thanks" emails by status. You can send them to all applicants with no set status or you can send them to everyone you've given a "Not qualified" status to.